Date: 10/4/18 7:05 pm
From: Rick Bennett <rickbennett67...>
Subject: [obol] Red-naped Sapsucker in Sherwood
This evening on our neighborhood trail along a riparian zone I found a
Red-naped Sapsucker about 30 feet away in a mostly leafless ash tree. As I
went for my camera it flew up and back into the tree, but I watched it for
more than a minute before a Red-breasted Sapsucker flew in and landed
nearby, flushing the Red-naped across the wetland toward the train tracks.
The co-ordinates where found are 45.351967, -122.851952 which is along a
paved community walking path running between houses and a seasonal stream.
Rick Bennett, Sherwood

Join us on Facebook!