Date: 10/4/18 2:13 pm
From: 'Jean Stevenson' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Cormorants, GB herons and more, South Platte Park, Arapahoe County
Beignets, Biking and Birding: This morning I joined a wonderful, all-five-senses treat thoughtfully organized by Ellen of the Denver Bicycle Touring Club. We met at Lucille's Creole Cafe for chicory coffee and beignets, then rode our bikes in the brilliant sunshine along the South Platte River trail, looking for birds, successfully finding mergansers, mallards, kingfisher, osprey, great blue herons, double crested cormorants, pied billed grebes, and northern shovelers. Several times when our bird ID was in doubt we found other, more expert birders to help us. To top it off, Ellen has two more events planned for Thursdays in November and December. She will scout the birds with South Platte Park Bird Walks on the first Wednesdays. And in case the weather is adverse for biking, she has a Plan B, walk and bird, and a Plan C, enjoy more coffee and treats at the café. Birders and bikers can be the best.
Jean Stevenson, Aurora

=J=