Date: 10/4/18 1:57 pm
From: <colin.woolley...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report Chico Basin Ranch - 10/3 and 10/4/18
Today our bander Kim got a break from the action. A chilly and windy
morning kept numbers low, though we did band the first Bewick's Wren of the
season (and only 4th overall) for Chico. In total we banded 20 birds of 9
species.

Wilson's Warbler: 4
Ruby-crowned Kinglet: 3
Orange-crowned Warbler: 1
Bewick's Wren: 1
Yellow-rumped "Audubon's" Warbler: 1
"Pink-sided" Dark-eyed Junco:1
"Gray-headed" Dark-eyed Junco: 1
Hermit Thrush: 6
Blue Jay: 1
Brown Thrasher: 1

Yesterday (10/3) was quite windy and we opened nets only briefly. We banded
just 2 birds all morning, both were Hermit Thrushes.

Tomorrow is our final day of banding at Chico Basin Ranch, we will have
nets open from 7:00 until 12:00 weather permitting. You are more than
welcome to visit!

Colin Woolley
Bander
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies