Date: 10/3/18 4:03 pm
From: <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 10/3/18
We were having a nice, if somewhat slow, start to the morning until the
wind picked up - blowing harder than I can ever remember during banding
season - leading to an early close. Before that, interesting catches
included what was likely a family of three American Goldfinches recently
out of the nest and our first two Blue Jays side by side in a net. Total
of 19 new birds for the morning:

Blue Jay 2
House Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Hermit Thrush 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 6
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Myrtle 1
Dare-eyed Junco, Oregon 2
American Goldfinch 3

We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through
October 14. We are opening nets at 7:00 and should have birds back at the
station by about 7:30. We will close most days by about 11:30. School
groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest
people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station