Date: 10/3/18 3:20 pm
From: Jacque Brown <bluebird2...>
Subject: Re: FOS Red-breasted Nuthatches
Now that you mention it Judy.... I went to Lake Atalanta in Rogers Friday, I saw 2 Red-breasted Nuthatches, with photos, you’re right about being surprised. Also 2 White-breasted Nuthatches, 1 Magnolia Warbler, N Parula, and Black and White Warbler, on the upper trail behind the Restrooms. 2 Wilson Warblers, 2 N Parulas, 2 mystery warblers that never came out long enough to really ID, in the top of trees viewable from a bike trail way up behind the Gazebo. Bunches of Robins, Cardinals and Blue Jays below that. 20 RT Hummers in the Jewelweed along Frisco creek.

Jacque Brown, Centerton

> On Sep 30, 2018, at 1:20 PM, Judy & Don <9waterfall9...> wrote:
>
> The continuous din of highway orcs droned beyond the bright pure sounds of the valley where we observed delightful birds and other wonders on Saturday morning.
>
> Two or three Ruby-throated Hummingbirds continue to visit feeders and flowers. Milkweed pods open to reveal their gossamer silk. Near the path a Greater Roadrunner flew from a cedar chased by Blue Jays. White-eyed Vireos, Pileated Woodpeckers, and a Pine Warbler called. A few bejeweled Monarch chrysalises still hang on slender stems waiting to eclose and join those who have already flown. Female and male Belted Kingfishers repeatedly rattled in long high arcs above the creek, landed in hilltop trees and turned to swoop back up to hilltops on the other side, all the while loudly proclaiming they claimed it all. Crickets in the grass, ripening persimmons, and the "kleer" calls of Northern Flickers continue to evoke autumn.
>
> Surprisingly a Red-breasted Nuthatch showed up in a wood behind the old hay barn on Saturday and one or two more called from pines at the falls this Sunday morning.
>
> Judith
> Ninestone, Carroll County

Join us on Facebook!