Date: 10/3/18 2:39 pm
From: Ragupathy Kannan <0000013b0ad14faf-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: mimicry
Bill, I cannot answer your query but I can tell you this: I always caution students not to report Red-shouldered Hawks based just on a single call.  The Blue Jays around here are pretty good mimics of the hawks.
KannanFt. Smith
On Wednesday, 3 October, 2018, 3:27:32 PM GMT-5, Bill Shepherd <stoneax63...> wrote:

<!--#yiv7763837437 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}-->
Does anyone else wonder if some of the late Mississippi Kites being reported could be Blue Jays instead?  All I can say is that I have never seen a Blue Jay mimic a MIKI.  Have I everheard a Blue Jay mimic a MIKI?   I don't know if I have or not.

Bill Shepherd

Join us on Facebook!