Date: 10/3/18 1:31 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene
We took the river trail from Buford Park. The park had a mixed flock with Black-throated Gray dominance, working the oaks. We were pleasantly surprised by this — and later surprised by a Great Horned Owl taking off. The Steller’s Jay was the bird of the morning, constantly flying and gliding across open spaces.
40 species.

Canada Goose a few bunches
Mallard 6
Common Merganser 1
Anna’s Hummingbird 1
Turkey Vulture 3
Sharp-shinned Hawk 1
Red-tailed Hawk 3
Great Horned Owl 1
Red-breasted Sapsucker 1
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 10
American Kestrel one pair perched together
Steller’s Jay 20+
California Scrub-Jay 6
American Crow from car
Violet-green Swallow 6
Black-capped Chickadee 15
Chestnut-backed Chickadee 2
Bushtit 30
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
Brown Creeper 2
Pacific Wren 2
Bewick’s Wren 2
Golden-crowned Kinglet many
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Swainson’s Thrush 1
American Robin 18
European Starling some around
Cedar Waxwing several flocks; one flock feeding on elderberries
House Finch 1
American Goldfinch 1
Spotted Towhee 12
Fox Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 5
Lincoln’s Sparrow 1
Golden-crowned Sparrow 1
Dark-eyed Junco 1
Black-throated Gray Warbler 10 to 20 or maybe more!
Townsend’s Warbler 2

Dennis Arendt, Randy Sinnott, Judy Franzen, Scott McNeeley, Ellen Cantor, Jim Regali, Tom Cable, Sylvia Maulding, Sarah Vasconcellos, Kit Larsen, Sue Hudsonson, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!