Date: 10/2/18 8:13 pm
From: <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 10/2/18
Finally a mostly dry and not too cold day! 45 new birds, including our
second hawk of the season, this one a female Sharp-shinned. White-crowned
Sparrows and Ruby-crowned Kinglets dominated the morning, which seems like
a strange combination. Here's the breakdown:

Sharp-shinned Hawk 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 8
Hermit Thrush 4
Orange-crowned Warbler 4
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 5
Wilson's Warbler 2
Spotted Towhee 1
Green-tailed Towhee 1
Chipping Sparrow 2
Song Sparrow 2
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
White-throated Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 11

We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through
October 14. We are opening nets at 7:00 and should have birds back at the
station by about 7:30. We will close most days by about 11:30. School
groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest
people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station