Date: 10/2/18 7:32 pm
From: sally o'byrne <salobyrne...>
Subject: [de-birds] chimney swifts in Wilmington
The Chimney Swifts are putting on a show at Ingleside Retirement apartment (1005 N. Franklin Street, Wilmington). I had 450 drop into the chimney pipe tonight between 6:45 and 7:06. The peak numbers may well be this weekend, and I’ll not be around to count them. The best view is from 11th and Broom - Kar will try to be there a few nights, but if anyone would like to check them out, I”d love to get an idea of how many are using the roost this year. Several years ago, I counted 1375 on a peak night.

If you go and want to try to count them, count as they enter the chimney and have someone else take notes as you shout out numbers.

If you have a roost in your neighborhood, I’d love to hear about it - this is the time to look for one.

Enjoy the show!

Sally O'Byrne

List help: <DE-BIRDS-request...>

Join us on Facebook!