Date: 10/2/18 5:10 pm
From: Bruce Carl <hrdabrd...>
Subject: Probable Marbled Godwit Lanc. Co.
Earlier this evening at about 6:15 pm while sitting on the edge of our back
porch I heard a loud rather sharp downward toned three noted call coming
from above. I was thinking maybe greater yellowlegs at first but it called
again and just then to the southwest I spotted a large light tawny/brown
shorebird with a long bill flying eastward. I did not have my binoculars
handy but my guess is that what I saw and heard was most likely a Marbled
Godwit!! It did not call again as I lost it out of sight. A very nice
ending to my day😊.

Bruce A Carl
Akron / Lanc. Co.

Join us on Facebook!