Date: 10/2/18 3:50 pm
From: James Wilson <birdmanjfw...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Purple Finches and RB Nuthatches
All of the birds in the yard appeared to be starving around 5:00 pm tonight. I had much fighting and jostling over prime positions on the long platform feeders and the perch on the dripper to drink the drips. One of the bigger bullies was a Mourning Dove that chased away Blue Jays and other doves.
Two Red-breasted Nuthatches showed up along with two Purple Finches. A Catbird feasted on Devil's Walking Stick berries. A female Redstart took a long splash in the bird bath with its tail spread most of the time.

Jim Wilson
Queenstown, MD

PS: Off-topic: I have a caterpillar ID question. I have exhausted my own library's caterpillar guides and many google searches. Does anyone know where I can post photos for ID help? Thanks