Date: 10/1/18 12:42 pm
From: Colt Gregory via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Great Falls Sunday Birdwalk
Following is the count from Sunday's weekly bird walk sponsored by Great Falls National Park, which identified 23 species and included 8 participants. The Potomac was running very high and we were not able to bird upstream. The day was partly cloudy -- well certainly it was overcast whenever we tried to see warblers! We saw hundreds of Blue Jays... with several groups flying high overhead.

This walk meets at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings, rain or shine, in the alcove before the snack bar/concession stand of the Great Falls National Park Visitors' Center; it does not take place, though, during electrical storms, heavy snows, or when the trails are icy. All those with an interest in the natural world, beginning and experience birders, or those interested in a nice walk in a beautiful setting please join us.

Species Count

Canada Goose 40

Mourning Dove 1

Double-crested Cormorant 1