Date: 10/1/18 12:23 pm
From: Jamie Simmons <sapsuckers...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Common Birds in Strange Places Story Contest
On Sep. 20, 2015, myself and the Centanni gang (Jim , Evan, and Caleb)
found both White-breasted and Red-breasted Nuthatches on the East Rim of
Steens Mountain. (A photo of the WBNU is included here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S25155909) That has to be at around 9,000
feet in elevation with the summit at 9,734 ft.

Per the eBird bar chart, RBNU has occurred there multiple times, but that's
the only WBNU record at that location.

Jamie Simmons
Corvallis

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 5:31 PM James Billstine <billstinj...> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> With all of the wonderful rarities people have been reporting I was
> wondering about reports people have of common birds in rare places. A month
> or so ago someone mentioned a Wandering Tattler in a driveway in the
> valley.
>
> My own best is a White-Breasted Nuthatch in a flock of red-breasted
> nuthatches at 5K+ feet in the high cascades of Douglas County in a
> lodgepole pine forest.
>
> Can anyone top mine? How about the tattler? Let me and others know!
>

> James
>
> --
> James Billstine
>
> http://wingsaroundtheumpqua.blogspot.com/