Date: 9/30/18 6:10 pm
From: Jay V Huner <jvh0660...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Herbicide effects on birds and wildlife
As best I understand, whatever herbicide sprayed at the retention ponds cannot be used unless it is labeled for such use. Assuming that to be the case, US EPA will have approved the material for the use you saw. Now, the dead plant material decomposes and sucks oxygen out of the water and can negatively impact the flora and fauna. Good/Bad? Sort of depends on "whose ox is being gored".

Jay Huner