Date: 9/30/18 5:20 pm
From: Cathy DiSalvo <cedisalvo1...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Herbicide effects on birds and wildlife
While birding 2 small retention ponds this week in Jefferson Parish along Causeway Blvd. in Metairie, I came upon a company that was spraying what I guess was a herbicide on the vegetation that has grown up over most of the shallower pond on the east side of Causeway blvd . Migrating shorebirds use this area along with wading birds. There are black -necked stilts there daily . The next day I noticed several ibis feeding in this same area that had just been sprayed the day before.
I am interested in how this will affect these birds, directly or indirectly . Is there a herbicide that is not toxic to wildlife?

Sent from my iPad

Join us on Facebook!