Date: 9/30/18 4:47 pm
From: Jan Johnson <janbirder...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Belated Sightings
No eBird

We drove to South Dakota on Thursday, Sept. 27th for the buffalo roundup on Friday. Great experience other than the standing in the first snow and cold of the season that morning!

We birded Dawes Co. some on the way out and planned to on our return today but the weather wasn’t conducive to that with light rain and fog. Highlights from Dawes and other counties:

September 27th:
Sheridan County: Prairie Falcon
Dawes County:
Orange-crowned Warbler
White-crowned Sparrow (many)
Clay-colored Sparrow (many)
Mt. Bluebird
Merlin
Pygmy Nuthatch
Cedar Waxwing
Savannah Sparrow

September 30th:
Sheridan County: Sharp-shinned Hawk

Brown County: Double-crested Cormorant – 70+/- (2 flocks)

Rock County: banded Turkey Vulture #254 ½ mile west of Basset

Holt County: Merlin
Swainson’s Hawk – 2 kettles totaling approx.. 80 birds north of Ewing junction on hwy 20

Jan Johnson
Wakefield

Join us on Facebook!