Date: 9/30/18 3:36 pm
From: Nedra Sekera <njs1500...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Question regarding migrating empidonax species
For the last five days or so I have heard either the whit call
or fitz bew call or both in various locations in my county.
And today Mary Gage heard both at Fannin County Park.
It was at the bridge where a tiny stream runs through.
It was much louder and had sort of a chatter at the end one time.
Previously the most reliable place for Willow flycatchers
has been Ingles parking lot in Blairsville along a little stream.
All of the calls I have heard have been somewhat close to water
of some kind, either the creek or a small runoff. I don’t always
locate the bird but I have listed empid sp when I can’t ID one.
Is it possible that they are migrating through our area as they
seem to be calling everywhere. Today is the first day I have
had someone with me to hear it.

Thank you for any input you might have.

Nedra Sekera
Epworth GA