Date: 9/30/18 3:28 pm
From: Jack Bushong <jcbushong01...>
Subject: [cobirds] Yellow-billed Loon, Dillon Reservoir
Hi all,
My brother and I just found an adult, breeding-plumage Yellow-billed Loon
on Dillon Reservoir, Summit County. We viewed it from the Blue River Inlet,
in the same area where the Purple Sandpiper was observed. Initially it was
quite close to shore, but continued farther out into the middle of the
reservoir. It is best to view the bird from the concrete spit exposed by
low water, to the west of the actual river.
Good birding,
Jack Bushong,
Louisville, CO