Date: 9/30/18 2:01 pm
From: Steve Johnson via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Loons at Leesylvania 30 September
Hello Birders,
Lynn and I were lucky enough to run into Ed Eder today at Leesylvania State Park.  More luck, as we were chatting a flock of 10-12 Loons flew over.  Best of all, Ed was able to ID these "slightly odd-looking ducks" (to our eyes) as Loons.
We had a couple of nice mixed flocks in the area around Bushey Point, despite a late start (8:40 AM).  The Lees Woods Trail was very quiet, later around 10 AM.
The other highlights were four warbler species, all common; two Swainson's Thrushes, Rose-breasted Grosbeak and Scarlet Tanager.
Cheers,Steve Johnson & Lynn RaffertyFairfax, Virginia