Date: 9/30/18 1:00 pm
From: 'Kathy DeLara' <renosmom...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Scotts Bluff County Fall Bird Count
The Wildcat Audubon Society conducted the annual Scotts Bluff County Fall
Bird count yesterday, Sept 29th. We had a record species count of 91 plus
the sapsucker sp. but we did have some extra help. Mark and Ed Brogie, Dan
Weidemann and Boni Edwards helped along with Wildcat Audubon members, Alice
Kenitz. Marie Smith, Gwen Smith and myself. We had one nice day of weather
yesterday so that also helped.

We birded Old Stage Hill Rd, Wildcat Hills Nature Center and SRA, ponds east
of Scottsbluff, Winter's Creek Lake area, Kiowa WMA area and a few places
in-between.

The species list is below

Kathy DeLara

Mitchell, NE

Canada Goose

Wood Duck

Blue-winged Teal

Northern Shoveler

Gadwall

American Wigeon

Mallard

Northern Pintail

Green-winged Teal

Redhead

Ring-necked Duck

Ruddy Duck

Ring-necked Pheasant

Wild Turkey

Pied-billed Grebe

Western Grebe

Rock Pigeon

Eurasian Collared-Dove

Mourning Dove
Black-chinned Hummingbird (not confirmed)

Virginia Rail

American Coot

Killdeer

Solitary Sandpiper