Date: 9/30/18 10:25 am
From: Larry Meade via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Dyke Marsh, 9-30-18

The weekly Friends of Dyke Marsh sponsored bird walk was a bit slow this morning, but it was still a nice morning to be outside. Ten birders found 30 species. We found no warblers and no foraging flocks. The only somewhat unusual bird was an eclipsed Northern Pintail hanging out with some Mallards. There were also two Bald Eagles, a Caspian Tern, and a Belted Kingfisher. We only made it to 30 species when two Cedar Waxwings flew over the parking lot when we were going over the checklist. We also saw four migrating Monarch butterflies at that time. Birders will meet up again next week on Sunday at 8:00 AM for another walk which is free and open to all.

Larry Meade
Merrifield, VA