Date: 9/30/18 6:21 am
From: 'Rice, Juanita' <juanitapat...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Re: Hawks and Migrating Birds
Reading about these large kettles of hawks makes me nostalgic for an event I witnessed that I thought no one would believe. Sitting outside in Fairmont a few days after hospitalization, I saw Swainson's hawks flying east over my house: I thought at first that it was, wow, more than a dozen. But they kept coming and coming, and finally I timed their passage. Seven minutes after I started the timer. I had never heard of "kettles" before and, In fact, I feared that I was perhaps hallucinating after anaesthesia.

What a wonderful experience. Hearing about those huge numbers, I can also recall the experience. Long may they fly our skies Juanita Rice, Lincoln/Fairmont

Join us on Facebook!