Date: 9/29/18 8:23 pm
From: KIM BODDIE <kcboddie...>
Subject: [COBOL] green Ridge Sat. 9-29
Today, 20 people, counters and observers showed up at the ECAS Green Ridge Migration Hawk Site. We had mostly clear skies, temps between 57 and 64 degrees F. and light to mod. winds mainly out of the north. with these conditions we were not expecting a great day but it turned out to be pretty good. We ended up with 178 birds and saw 12 raptor species. We couldn't count the N. Goshawk which put on a good show flying around and landing in front of us , but it never flew past us to qualify. Most of the birds were high but a few, including a Golden Eagle, Goshawk, and a Peregrine put on good shows for the observers. We were also able to see or hear another 24 species of birds.
Here is what we counted
Turkey Vulture 66
Osprey 3
Bald Eagle 7 many more flying over the north end of the ridge
Northern Harrier 2
Sharp-shined 40
Coopers 17
Red-tailed 33
Golden Eagle 4
American Kestrel 1 plus one wrong way flyer
Merlin 2
Peregrine Falcon 3
Unid. Accipiter 1

Tomorrow, Sunday should even be a better day with the predicted conditionsbut alittle cooler. Come up and join us to see the show they put on.

Kim Boddie
Bend