Date: 9/29/18 6:49 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Rough-winged Swallows...
in #s approaching/exceeding 24 were having a field day over my
property and my neighbors this afternoon with no association with
mowing activity. There seemed to be an abundance of insects for some
reason - not visible to my eye. Chimney Swifts were crashing the
party as well.

Yesterday at the Burkittsville community pond late in the day were a
white egret on the pond edge and what may have been a loon in the pond
itself...no bins at the time. They were gone on my return trip from
the new Weis groc store in Brunswick.

The egret had a yellow bill & dark legs. It seemed on the small side
to be a Common Egret, but could have benefitted from closer
observation. The community pond is subject to frequent disturbances
by the locals walking, fishing, etc. which makes this double dip a bit
unusual.

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County MD
M.O.S. member, Washington [WA] Co Chapter