Date: 9/29/18 4:12 pm
From: Pam Potter <ppotter...>
Subject: [GABO-L] scarlet tananger, rose breasted grosbeak, indigo buntings & hawk collision- Bartow Co
I thought I wasn't going see anymore yellow migrants since I've not seen the white-eyed vireo for 2-3 days now but this morning a female scarlet tananger showed up. I've not seen a scarlet in a few years. A female rose breasted grosbeak stopped by briefly & I've been seeing multiple female indigo buntings. I've never had the numbers of bunting as I have this year. Yesterday, driving slowly down the drive I was able to count 13 as they flew to the trees.

Then on a sad note, yesterday I had a collision with an unknown hawk as I was driving the road to my house. It apparently flew up from a pasture that is lower than the road. All I know is there was a loud BAM! and all I saw was it's belly out the upper third of my windshield for 2 seconds. You can imagine how I jumped & yelled. I did look for it but no luck. No blood so I'm hoping it wasn't seriously hurt but he hit hard.

Pam Potter
White
Bartow Co

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>