Date: 9/29/18 2:09 pm
From: Gail Miller <gail.miller...>
Subject: Re: Nyjer question
In my 40 years of feeding birds on my current property, I’ve never had good luck with nyjer seed. Everything seems to like black oil sunflower, so I feed it mainly. I do still buy nyjer occasionally, as Indigo Buntings will eat it, but the buntings also eat the black oil. Just my observation. Someone commented once that if nyjer is old, birds won’t eat it. They suggested putting some of the seeds between two sheets of paper and smashing them and if the seeds don’t produce some oil, it’s old.

Gail Miller

Conway (Faulkner Co.) AR