Date: 9/29/18 1:45 pm
From: Adam Cupito <adamcupito...>
Subject: [cobirds] Connected Lakes State Park Banding Update
Hi everyone, I've just wrapped up the second week of banding at Connected
Lakes State Park in Grand Junction. Hot and dry weather has once again
persisted throughout the week, although the past few days have shown a
slight increase in bird activity. I banded 75 birds of 16 species over the
past 6 days, including 2 returning Spotted Towhees from 2017 and a
White-crowned Sparrow (Gambel's) from 2017. I also banded a Gray Vireo on
9/24, which is the latest Colorado record for this species according to
eBird! The following species account represents the effort of 260 net hours
at this site.

White-crowned Sparrow (Gambel’s): 23

Wilson's Warbler: 12

Spotted Towhee: 6

Orange-crowned Warbler: 5

Song Sparrow: 5

White-crowned Sparrow (Mountain): 4

Bushtit: 4

Virginia's Warbler: 2

Bewick's Wren: 2

Green-tailed Towhee: 2

MacGillivray's Warbler: 2

Warbling Vireo: 2

House Sparrow: 2

Gray Vireo: 1

Townsend's Warbler: 1

Juniper Titmouse: 1

Chipping Sparrow: 1

Spotted Towhee - 2 returns from 2017

White-crowned Sparrow (Gambel’s) - 1 return from 2017

Hurricane Rosa is anticipated to bring some much needed rain to the Grand
Valley this coming week, and with it will hopefully be some interesting
migrants! I'll be operating the station every weekday until October 12th,
so feel free to visit!

Adam Cupito
Bird Conservancy of The Rockies