Date: 9/29/18 12:36 pm
From: Kim Geissler <kgeissler2...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report Chico Basin Ranch - 9/29/18
Things were pretty busy at the banding station around 8 am, and then
activity decreased. I was excited to band the season's second Blue Jay.
Other than that I had the typical species. The totals for the day were 37
new birds of 11 species. Including recaps, I caught 50 birds of 13 species.

Here's the summary of newly banded birds for the day:
Wilson's Warbler: 11
Ruby-crowned Kinglet: 9
Orange-crowned Warbler: 1
Chipping Sparrow: 2
Dusky Flycatcher: 1
Dark-eyed Junco: 5 (3 Oregon, 2 Pink-sided)
Hermit Thrush: 4
Western Tanager: 1
Gray Catbird: 1
Blue Jay: 1
Brown Thrasher: 1

You are welcome to visit the banding station. The last day of the season is
next Friday, October 5th. Next week I'll be opening nets at 7:00 and
banding until 12:00 weather permitting.

Kim Geissler
Bander
Chico Basin Ranch Station