Date: 9/29/18 9:32 am
From: Gary or Karen Gentile <kbbb99...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] AH/AP juvy peregrine
James....is the Asbury Tower you speak of, the senior housing building on the beachfront in Asbury or the cell tower?
I was at the water tower this week, saw nothing, but Osprey was on the lake as well
as a Cormorant. The Blue Heron was on Deal Lake north of water tower as were 3 Wood Ducks. Coopers Hawk was also there.
Thanks.

Karen

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 29, 2018, at 12:21 PM, James O'Brien <jphillipobrien...> wrote:
>
> Been an active week for this gal. Last Friday she killed and consumed a racing pigeon atop the Watertower. Later that night as the sun was setting she buzzed the Biergarten roof deck.
>
> This morning had her making sorties from Asbury Tower to the watertower where she scared up a great blue heron then proceeded to attack it! Sick aerial battle but I think the peregrine was not 100% serious.
>
> Also had a belted kingfisher and cooper’s hawk over deal lake. Alas, the ospreys are gone.
>
> Great birding,
>
> James
>

> How to report NJ bird sightings: see <www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/>
> or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>