Date: 9/29/18 9:13 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Wheaton Regional Park today September 29
Hi all,

Nice morning and an interesting early morning fight of the larger migrants, dominated by Flickers. However despite the seemingly ideal conditions, relatively few smaller nocturnal migrants. The Shorefield picnic area was noisy with a 5K race which didn’t help. We did see some good birds but still waiting for the flocks of warblers normally at this location in autumn. We had to leave early for an appointment so did not check the gardens today. (There have been lingering hummers there and you never know!)

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper
Colesville, MD

42 species
Birds of interest: