Date: 9/28/18 11:40 am
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] flickers
For those who are interested in (a) migratory movements and/or (b) hybrids and intergrades, note that the next three weeks we are in flicker season.

Early October brings a steady flow of flickers through eastern Oregon, with some small groups reaching the outer coast. The first week of October is a good time to see yellow-shafts and miscellaneous intergrades.

They can appear in odd locations. I once saw one on the rocks at the East Rim Overlook at Steens Mountain. Another time an apparent family group of four intergrades was at the mouth of the Sixes River. I once saw nine flickers on one small snag at Benson Pond at Malheur in early Oct.

Fall birding in Oregon is a glorious thing.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com