Date: 9/27/18 5:29 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [COBOL] Summer Lake
Jeff Nordstrom and I went to Summer Lake today.  We were looking for
shorebirds and migrant passerines.  We found both but the most unusual
passerine was a Western Tanager.  There were good numbers of Western and
Least Sandpipers.  We found nearly 10 Baird's Sandpipers and nearly 1000
Long-billed Dowitchers.  Black-necked Stilts and American Avocets were
still present along with quite a few Greater Yellowlegs.  The highlights
were a Black-bellied Plover and a Snowy Egret.

We also found an intergrade Northern Flicker at the Summer Lake Rest
Area - Pictures at - https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48777538

You can see the entire list for the Summer Lake tour route at
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48781406

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com