Date: 9/27/18 4:03 pm
From: Marsha Nyffeler <marshanyffeler...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] dark morph hawk, Polk Co, NE
I have been in a birding black hole - doesn't seem to be much around! Came
across this dark morph hawk - no idea on an ID....I don't know hawks well
enough - especially this color... It was large, and very dark, only the
yellow bill and yellow legs had color. The white the the tail was not very
obvious, no other white on it - I first thought it was a raven - it was so
black!

Other birds of note: a small pod of orange-crowned warblers and 4 or 5
white-throated sparrows (tan-striped). Notable lack of robins.
Marsha Nyffeler
Columbus, NE

Posted by: Marsha Nyffeler <marshanyffeler...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)