Date: 9/27/18 1:42 pm
From: Don Simonson <don.r.simonson...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Perched Peregrine Falcon - Cabin John, Mont. Co.
Today at 11:45 am I saw a perched PEREGRINE FALCON in a dead snag on tree about 50 yards south of the I-495 Inner Loop Cabin John Bridge on the landward (north) side of the C and O canal. Dark above, light below, large tubular body, dark 'helmet' pattern on head. Thank you Justice William O. Douglas and the Sierra Club for preventing the entire C and O canal from becoming paved for a freeway in the 1960's! GOOD BIRDING! Don Simonson, Darnestown MD