Date: 9/27/18 6:46 am
From: <birderick...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Quality, not quanity
This morning things seemed rather slow in the yard, once again, though a flyover Red-headed Woodpecker was nice. A pocket of activity along the back fence was the only real "action", and provided me with 3-4 Magnolia Warbler, a female Black-and -White Warbler, and one or perhaps two SWAINSON'S THRUSHES, yard bird No. 109 on the year. Here I also had a heard-only RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH which never showed itself, and several chickadees, catbirds, and a mockingbird. The only hummingbird I saw flew out of the front meadow across the backyard.

Last nights wicked storms brought down a huge limb on an old cherry tree along our back property line, but it is on my neighbors property and fell into his field. Left a gap in my back tree-line though.

Rick Sussman
Woodbine,MD