Date: 9/27/18 6:14 am
From: <colin.woolley...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/26/18
Today Meredith gets a break from composing the daily summary as we had an
eventful morning at Barr Lake. We hosted a program with Garth Spellman of
Denver Museum of Nature and Science, in which our banding station was
streamed live into classrooms around the country and students were able to
ask questions of Meredith and Garth as we banded birds. We had a fairly
steady stream of birds throughout the day, ending with 50 newly banded
birds of 10 species:

Gray Catbird 1
House Wren 2
Hermit Thrush 3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 6
Yellow-rumped "Audubon's" Warbler 15
Wilson's Wabler 9
Song Sparrow 3
"Gambel's" White-crowned Sparrow 8
Chipping Sparrow 1

We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through
October 14. We are opening nets at 6:40 and should have birds back at the
station by 7:20. We will close most days by about 11:40. School groups
arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest people,
most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Colin Woolley
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies