Date: 9/26/18 8:28 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning Eugene
We found Zumwalt Park (south-west side of Fern Ridge) very quiet with few birds. Nevertheless, 39 species is about average for our mornings.

Wild Turkey a couple of small groups
Pied-billed Grebe 2
Western Grebe One estimate of this and Clark’s e around 100.
Clark’s Grebe
Anna’s Hummingbird 1
Ring-billed Gull 2
American White Pelican 1
Great Blue Heron 1
Great Egret 3 from car
Turkey Vulture 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 2
Red-tailed Hawk 4
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 6
American Kestrel 1 from car
Hutton’s Vireo 2 (Kit and Randy) with photos of one begging for food.
Steller’s Jay few
California Scrub-Jay few
American Crow few
Common Raven 3
Black-capped Chickadee several groups
Chestnut-backed Chickadee heard by Dennis
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1 heard
Brown Creeper 3
Pacific Wren barely heard
Bewick’s Wren heard
Golden-crowned Kinglet several
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1 seen
American Robin 1
European Starling few
House Finch 2
Spotted Towhee 6
Fox Sparrow 1 heard singing its fall song, but would not respond visually
Song Sparrow 10
Golden-crowned Sparrow 1
Red-winged Blackbird a bunch in trees over the parking lot
Common Yellowthroat scattered number
Yellow Warbler 1 seen in flight by Sylvia
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1 in mixed flock

Dennis Arendt, Randy Sinnott, Judy Franzen, Scott McNeeley, Cindy Armstrong, Ellen Cantor, Jim Regali, Sylvia Maulding, Sarah Vasconcellos, Pamela Carpenter, Kit Larsen, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!