Date: 9/26/18 5:11 pm
From: Jody Shugart <jodyshugart...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Elmer's Island - airport
"Wildlife and Fisheries had planned to develop a "birding area" in the
section of the refuge now eyed for the airport. According to plans drafted
just three months ago, the birding area would have a new trail, boardwalk,
and observation deck showcasing an area known as a prime bird watching
spot. "
- https://www.nola.com/environment/index.ssf/2018/09/airport_in_a_wildlife_refuge_s.html
<https://www.nola.com/environment/index.ssf/2018/09/airport_in_a_wildlife_refuge_s.html>

Are they trying to bribe birders into supporting the loss of habitat with
more birding locations?

--
Jody Shugart
985-237-5091 (cell)