Date: 9/26/18 10:23 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Black Skimmer, Baltimore City
While conducting a bird census at Masonville Cove, an immature BLACK SKIMMER flew in from off the harbor, circled the restricted area a few times, and flew towards the wetlands area at Fort McHenry.

Just to reiterate: I DID NOT see this bird in the public area at Masonville, but it could be visible from there if it's flying around the harbor. If you try for the bird from Fort McHenry or Masonville, check any potential perches in the harbor. Think floating debris/trash, buoys, barges, etc. The bird might be sitting on one of them.

Also had a Connecticut Warbler and a Dickcissel in the public area. The birding tour found an American Bittern, which I missed. Will post full list later once I process photos.

Tim Carney
Parkville, MD