Date: 9/25/18 6:47 pm
From: <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/25/18
A relatively steady stream of birds this morning, most of which I missed
because I ran into a branch (actually a twig I think) on an early run,
scratched my cornea, and ended up at the Urgent Care facility in Brighton.
Colin Woolley, our banding coordinator, and the volunteer team carried on,
banding 45 new birds:

Hermit Thrush 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 11
Yellow-rumped Warbler 13
Common Yellowthroat 2
Wilson's Warbler 7
Spotted Towhee 1
Song Sparrow 5
Lincoln's Sparrow 4
Dark-eyed Junco, Pink-sided 1

Tomorrow (Wednesday) we are doing a program called Scientists in Action
with the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Garth Spellman and I will be
talking live with students in classrooms all over the country. A great
opportunity to share science, nature and our love of birds with lots of
young people.

We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through
October 14. We are opening nets at 6:30 and should have birds back at the
station by 7:15. We will close most days by about 11:30, earlier as long as
this heat continues. School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The
best time to visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and
Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander