Date: 9/25/18 6:30 pm
From: Vickie Buck <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender vlbuck for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Clay-Colored Sparrow, Grant County
On September 24, Sally Hill and I saw a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW, east of Seneca in Grant County. It was on a fence line about thirty feet from the car. We both immediately thought - Clay-colored. It had a very wide gray nape, dark eye line, buffy supercillium, white malar with dark mustache. The cheek patch with its peachy color, gave it a softer appearance than the Chipping Sparrow. It had peachy/buffy flanks and sides of the breast with a clear, unstreaked breast and belly. It appeared to be an adult, non- breeding. The location was about one mile east of Seneca on Road 16, near a pine tree on the north side of the road. The tree has some kind of old animal cage enclosure around it that is not being used. We could find no eBird records of a Clay-colored in Grant County.

Vickie Buck
Walterville, OregonPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!