Date: 9/25/18 2:54 pm
From: <birderick...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Another CONNECTICUT WARBLER
Stuck in my shop because of lousy weather and work to be done, I wasn't able to get out until late this afternoon. I stepped out with my binoculars and stood next to my shop, behind the fence, facing the edge of the meadow and spished vociferously and repeatedly. A very skulky secretive, don't-look-at-me bird moved around in the goldenrods. Finally showing itself very briefly, it was a female Common Yellowthroat. But continued spishing, revealed a bit more movement in the same general area, and I got brief but convincing looks at an olive bird, yellow below, with a blue-gray head and bold white eye-ring, a male CONNECTICUT WARBLER! Both birds disappeared nearly as soon as they appeared and the COWA could not be relocated, though the COYE did show very briefly one more time.

This occurred between 3:50-4:00 PM.

Rick Sussman
Woodbine,MD