Date: 9/24/18 6:41 pm
From: Richard Stevens <birdertoo...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Parker to Aurora Reservoir Monday 24, 2018
Hello cobirders;

Back in Denver late last night, I really am regretting leaving the eastern plains. The storms on the east coast appear to have blown some interesting birds into Colorado. I will probably have to return tonight or tomorrow morning.

After lunch today, Rebecca and I had some business in Parker. We also received a text message about an Eastern Towhee sighting at a friend's feeders. The Eastern Towhee did not return in the two hours we watched the feeder.

Best I can do on location is along East Homestead Road after it passes East Robin Road. E. Homestead Road runs east of North Pine Drive, south of East Lincoln Avenue (Douglas County). My friend does not want people going up his long driveway. Perhaps the bird will move along Homestead Road?

Afterwards Rebecca and I passed by Aurora Reservoir (Arapahoe). Hundreds of gulls swam off the swim beach. We picked out a juvenile Sabine's Gull (possibly two).

Another sighting looked more like an adult Bonaparte's Gull than Little Gull or Black-headed Gull.

No Burrowing Owls were found along the DIA Owl Loop (Adams/Denver Counties)..

Continued Good Birding!

Directions to birding spots on CoBus website:
http://coloradobirdingsociety.net

Richard Stevens; Director, Colorado Birding Society
Denver, Colorado
Contact CoBus/Report Interesting Birds: 303-324-7994
Subscribe to "cobirders" by sending blank email to:
<cobirders-subscribe...>
Read "cobirders" at:

/
groups.yahoo.com