Date: 9/24/18 11:35 am
From: Nagi Aboulenein <nagi.aboulenein...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Central and North Coast Rarities: Pacific Golden Plovers, Ruff, Snowy Plovers, Hudsonian Godwit, FOS Dunlins
Thanks, Dave!

Interesting - I'm not sure whether these are the same birds that have been
sighted and ID'd as Pacific Golden Plovers on South Beach. Does anyone have
photos of the recent South Beach Golden Plovers, for comparison?

Taghrid and I assumed they were. The coloration on the South Beach birds
also was quite different from the BB Plover we saw later that day at HMSC
Nature Trail (but that might have been age related - the HMSC bird was
juvenile/immature, I believe). The SB birds really had a yellowish/golden
tinge to their color, while the HMSC bird was more gray/black/white...

Thanks,

Nagi

Join us on Facebook!