Date: 9/23/18 4:11 pm
From: Shannon Fair <shannonmfair...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Bartow Bonanza - 23SEP2018
Hi GABO-ers —

Iris Schumacher and I decided to hit some of the Bartow County hotspots this afternoon after leaving Carter’s Lake in the morning (pretty good birds there too).

Once we made it to Caryersville, we found an unexpected WILLET at Etowah Indian Mounds Sod Farm, but NBK (nothing but killdeer) otherwise.

From there, we headed to Brandon Farm and Taff Roads and hit the jackpot, including some probable continuing birds. We had a BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER, AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER, STILT SANDPIPER, BAIRD’S SANDPIPER, plus a SEMIPALMATED PLOVER and SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS. Every once and a while, these birds would come out into the open, but the BBSA and AMGP preferred to stay hidden in unviewable areas of the pond or taller grasses.

I’ll post all of our ebird checklists later tonight with photos.

Happy Fall Birding!

Shannon Fair
Atlanta, Fulton County
(*)>