Date: 9/23/18 5:57 am
From: Marlene Koslowsky <000006d228557fef-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Some interesting backyard visitors
Hi, all!
On Thursday, Sept 20, I glanced over to my beauty berry bush out my dining room window. There was a dark bird shape I didn't immediately recognize as my usuals. I grabbed camera and binoculars and discovered a lovely female scarlet tanager out there. A tiny bit later, there was another new visitor which turned out to be a Swainson's Thrush. And then about half an hour later, a first time visitor to not just my backyard but to Fayette County, was a Tennessee Warbler! Dang cool morning!
I've seen the scarlet once since, and the Swainson's Thrushes three days running.  The thrushes haven't been reported often so I'm rather delighted they came directly to me.

The eBird report from the 20th https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48630195
Enjoy fall, all!
Marlene KoslowskyFayette County

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>