Date: 9/22/18 7:42 pm
From: 'Damien J. Simbeck' <TNbarredowl...> [albirds] <albirds-noreply...>
Subject: [ALBIRDS] Church and Walker Ponds, post thunderstorms
I was traveling near Central this evening during extremely heavy thunderstorms. The rain ended by the time I approached Florence, so I made a late day stop at Church Pond. I don't know how much rain fell, but water was gushing into both Walker and Church Ponds. Church Pond was once again full and Walker Pond had water in the west portion (flooded soybeans). No rare birds were grounded, but Canada Geese were everywhere and flying in. I counted 284. Two white birds were seen flying with one flock. When they landed, my thoughts of early Snow Geese were changed to domestic geese. Also present were 64 Blue-winged Teal. The only shorebirds seen were Killdeer. It will be interesting to see how full the ponds will be after all the runoff has settled in.

Damien Simbeck
Killen AL

Ornithological Society (AOS) and is provided
as a service to the birding community. AOS
does not endorse the views or opinions expressed
by the members of this discussion group. Nor
does AOS support or endorse the advertising
provided by the Yahoo Groups list service.

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)