Date: 9/22/18 6:42 pm
From: Caleb Centanni <caleb...>
Subject: [obol] Lincoln and Benton birds today
Hi all,

Nolan Clements and I headed to the Lincoln coast to bird this morning. On
our way out, we chased and were rewarded with beautiful views of a
CLAY-COLORED SPARROW in blackberries on the south edge of the Philomath
Sewage Ponds near Corvallis.

At Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport, the continuing RUFF was
present this morning. We continued to South Beach State Park, where
Black-bellied, PACIFIC GOLDEN, and Snowy Plovers made appearances. At the
South Jetty was a Red-necked Grebe, Common and Pacific Loons, and several
Heermann's Gulls.

4 Horned Grebes and two Westerns were at Yaquina Head. Depoe Bay held 30
Osystercatchers and two Surfbirds. A stream of nearshore Sooty Shearwaters
greeted us at Boiler Bay, and our luck with rockpipers continued at Fishing
Rock Stste Park, where two Surfbirds and one Wandering Tattler were joined
by four Oystercatchers and two Black Turnstones. Also at Fishing Rock was
a single flyby PARASITIC JAEGAR and a flyover Whimbrel. A lone Red-throated
Loon, a Red-necked Grebe, 2 Horned Grebes, and 35+ Westerns were on the
water. Overall a phenomenal day in Lincoln County.

Good birding to all,

Caleb Centanni

Join us on Facebook!