Date: 9/22/18 2:29 pm
From: Kim Geissler <kgeissler2...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report Chico Basin Ranch - 9/22/18
Today had the most diversity and the highest number of birds banded this
season. The high numbers were thanks in part to having help from Jacy
Bernath-Plaisted, who also works for the Bird Conservancy and was
volunteering here at the banding station yesterday and today.

The most notable bird of the day was a Philadelphia Vireo. We also caught
the first Rock Wren and Brewer's Sparrow of the season. It was the first
day that Wilson's Warblers were not the most commonly captured species. The
total for the day was 91 birds banded of 20 species plus a Brown Thrasher
that was first banded on September 12th.

Here's the summary of newly banded birds for the day:
Wilson's Warbler: 21
Orange-crowned Warbler: 30
Ruby-crowned Kinglet: 4
Dusky Flycatcher: 2
Chipping Sparrow: 4
House Wren: 1
Philadelphia Vireo: 1
Audubon's Warbler: 2
Brewer's Sparrow: 1
Common Yellowthroat: 1
Dark-eyed Junco: 2 (1 Oregon, 1 Pink-sided)
Rock Wren: 1
Lincoln's Sparrow: 6
Song Sparrow: 4
White-crowned Sparrow: 4 (2 Gambel's, 2 Mountain)
Hermit Thrush: 1
Blue Grosbeak: 2
Gray Catbird: 1
Green-tailed Towhee: 1
Spotted Towhee: 2

You are welcome to visit the banding station. I'll be banding through the
first week of October and nets will be open 6 days a week (Monday through
Saturday). Next week I'm opening nets at 6:50 and banding until 11:50
weather permitting.

Kim Geissler
Bander
Chico Basin Ranch Station