Date: 9/22/18 2:00 pm
From: <birderick...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Broad-wings and other migrants
The yard was fairly quiet again this morning, though I did see all three Mimids in close proximity to each other. While walking in the front meadow (I was finally able to prune and mow the paths yesterday; very overgrown), I heard the double toot-tooting of a RED-BREASTED NUTHACH somewhere close to the front of the driveway, so I hurriedly made my way there as fast as possible, just in time to watch it flying across the driveway and out into the neighbors trees way out front, where I lost it. Yard bird No. 108 on the year.

Later after I got home from my grandsons soccer game in Howard County (Common Raven soaring over with a Red-shouldered Hawk), I did a hawk-watch from the deck. As well as the hawks listed below, I had a "brownie" Purple Finch coming to the feeders. And still 2 hummers at their feeders as well.

From roughly 11:30-2:15 the following flew by:

Broad-winged Hawks approx. 190 with one large group consisting of 100+

American Kestrel 3

accipiter sp. 2

Sharp-shinned Hawk 1

Cooper's Hawk 1